Monday, April 4, 2016

Hello Again!!!

How can it be almost a year since I was here???! What can I say?  Life has been crazy busy....whose isn't, right?  Obviously, I'm not one of those women who can do it all.  Wish I was!  Though, I do really try my best.  So then, with heartfelt apologies, let me fill you in a bit on what's been happening.....

Last summer.....I have to admit when the good weather really comes, I have to spend as much time as possible outdoors: gardening, painting outdoors, taking endless photos of flowers, walking in the park, or taking long rides through the countryside.  I can often be seen at the local farmer's market, chatting with the locals, buying produce, & leaving with all the flowers I can carry & don't already grow at home. I even got to chat with the lady farmer who owns the field of flowers I ended up in (very happily), when I got lost on a photo shoot in the country a couple years ago. I shared a print or two with her later.  On occasion, I can also be seen snapping photos at the market.  My last photo shoot there in late autumn involved a "sphinx" cat in clothing! (He had a pretty nifty gray "mac" on his head, an orange t-shirt, & a pair of blue overalls. Honestly!) These cats are hairless and actually need to keep warm in cooler temperatures. Sorry, no "model" release to show those pics here. You'll just have to use your imagination.

Autumn was beautiful too, as usual. More walks, in the park, and though this photo was not taken last year, you get the idea of what I do when I bring my camera. Can't pass up gorgeous color, right?


Winter was amazingly mild! So, we kind of "sailed" through that with very little snow & not too much bitter cold.  Although I kept busy through the summer & autumn, too busy to take a real break, both with my shop on Etsy, my shop at Society 6, & I finally joined Pinterest as well! Pin, pin, re-pin...(Yes, it is addictive, but in a good way.) And, later, I did take a little winter "vacation".

So, here we are back to spring again, in spite of the fact that it is 32 degrees outside, & we have had some snow just yesterday. Very little.  But who wants to see snow on the forsythia trees in April?  Not me.

My next post here will be coming very soon, actually, in a day or so! I want to share something special with you, & it has to do with "what I did on my winter vacation".  I took some time to relax. I even "marathon" watched all the seasons I missed of my favorite TV comedy, "Big Bang Theory". I love it!! I laugh so much, the cat gives up, leaves my lap, & sits on a different chair! lol.

But I also spent time each day in my studio painting!

Join me here & on Facebook for the story & pics of what inspired me in my studio & and started my new collection, which I will be sharing with you!

So, good to see you again! :)

Keri

You can find me at the links below :)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ColorWorkStudio

https://society6.com/colorworkstudio

https://www.facebook.com/ColorWorkStudio/

https://www.pinterest.com/CWSonEtsy/




4 comments:

  1. Hi K. :)

    Awesome post :)

    I bet it feels great to be back blogging, I have to admit that it was great for me to get back into it after a long break and only 4 posts in 2015.

    Love the shot of you shooting up into the tree, it is always fun to see the photos that get taken of us when we are taking photos :)

    Hope you have a wonderful week, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by, T! Yes, it has been awhile...I only managed 3 posts last year! Have a great week too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story! It's so good to hear from you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely of you to say so! Thanks so much for visiting me here! It is so nice to connect with everyone again! :)

    ReplyDelete